Thursday, September 10, 2015

Today's stress relief is brought to you by the letter H.

What "H word" do you think could affect your stress level the most? Happiness? Telling everyone to go to H...? How about Hope?

Is our stress caused by a lack of "Hope?"

I could sit down and write a long list of blessings; people, things and experiences I'm thankful for. But I'm feeling discontentment. I'm not at peace. I'm breaking out in stress rashes on my body. Not kidding. 

Then this word "Hope" came up as I read the Bible, looking for God's word to guide & comfort me. 

“May the God who gives HOPE fill you with great joy. May you have perfect peace as you trust in him. May the power of the Holy Spirit fill you with HOPE.”
Romans 15:13 NIRV
http://bible.com/110/rom.15.13.nirv

So I decided to dig a little deeper & found this great article on hope. 
https://bible.org/article/hope#P38_6454

This really encouraged me. It's almost like God is saying, if you surrender to me, I will fill you with the hope that brings joy and peace, and I WILL get you through this.

Thank you, Lord, my Father, for filling me with the life-giving, life-changing hope that I've been missing. ❤️ ~Coppe


No comments:

Post a Comment